5/31/11

Dubious - "The Roth"


The Roth. This was quite a challenge. I have tried a lot of new things with this one. Some of them worked - some of them didn't. I tried using some textures in this one - I blended pictures of rotting meat into the shades and colors. It is very subtle, but just strong enough to shine through and add a little extra gore. While I think that works quite well, I screwed up the general shading. I created the entire image in gray tones first and then added the color - that didn't work out the way I hoped. There is still time to fix some of it, but I doubt it would really be worth it. This comes across fairly strong in his left hand: it has become flat, and the thumb looks broken [has nothing to do with the method - that's a simple shading-fuck up].
But it was still a good exercise. It's been a while since I've worked all the way through one of these detail-nightmares.  

No comments:

Post a Comment